Gallagher Jeffs was appointed to project manage the redevelopment of the Annette Kellerman Aquatic Centre which provides the Marrickville community with a state-of-the-art aquatic complex and high quality leisure facilities. Features of the facility include:
- a new state-of-the-art 50m pool
- a learn-to-swim pool and a leisure pool
- tiered seating for up to 150 people
- an outdoor paved terrace with seating that overlooks Enmore park
- improved changing facilities, office and reception area, public toilets and lockers
- a café that is accessible to both Park and Pool users
- a multi-purpose space suitable for a crèche; and
- a Wellness Centre (including fitness and gym facilities).
This significantly is the first pool in Australia to be using a tri-generation plant to generate electrical power, heat and chill the water. The project will use co-generation to make maximum use of fuel. Heat recovered from the gas engine will be used to drive the absorption chiller, thus allowing significant free cooling and heat rejected from the air conditioning system will be used to heat the pool.
Scope of services
Gallagher Jeffs was engaged after detailed design was complete to then prepare tender documentation, manage the contractor tender process and manage the appointed contractor through the programme to completion.