Charter Hall purchased the Mercure Sydney International Airport Hotel, with 271 rooms, conference and F&B facilities, operated under the Accor Group. Folkestone planned to undertake extensive refurbishment across the property with the intention to reposition and rebrand the hotel to a higher level.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Gallagher Jeffs were appointed as Project Manager to oversee renovation works which included:
- Façade remediation and cosmetic upgrades;
- Full refurbishment of rooms on levels 2-4;
- Update of soft furnishings to rooms on levels 5-6;
- Light refurbishment of rooms on levels 7-9;
- Ballroom and meeting room upgrade;
- Full Restaurant and Bar refurbishment;
- Full HVAC system upgrade;
- Energy Consumption initiative upgrades;
- Electrical Services upgrades.
The property has now been rebranded from a midrange Mercure to a luxury Novotel and Charter Hall considers the project a complete success.