The GovHub is a rare large-scale development in the heart of the Ballarat CBD. A state-of-the-art integrated workplace with an approximate 12,000sqm of NLA the Ballarat GovHub will be home to up to 1,000 government employees. The new development includes a link to the existing historic Ballarat Civic Hall, which has been designed by signature architect John Wardle.
The final GovHub design includes:
- An active ground floor space,
- A glass conservatory linking the Civic Hall to the GovHub;
- A reconstructed lower hall space for multi-purpose use;
- Five storeys of office space, two basement parking levels & extensive end of trip facilities.
The works will to be delivered in separable portions;
- Base Building
- Construction of the integrated fitout each separable portion is to be separately financially administered, due to separate funding streams.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Gallagher Jeffs was appointed by Development Victoria to act as their project representative. Gallagher Jeffs was responsible for managing an extensive value management process and ensuring that the D&C Contract is fully back-to-back with the AfL. Subsequently Gallagher Jeffs is acting as both project manager and superintendent for the delivery of this iconic development.