With head offices in Wuhan, China, Starryland purchased the site from Frasers in 2013. At the time of purchase, the site had an approver masterplan DA and a construction DA for stage one. In broad terms, each stage comprises 250 apartments totalling 750 dwellings.
Scope of services
Gallagher Jeffs is appointed to manage the entirety of the stages 2 and 3 of the project from feasibility through to settlement / occupation. Our services include:
- Appointment of design & specialist consultants
- Identification, evaluation & implementation of value engineering initiatives
- Develop concept design & documentation of development application
- Detailed cost management
- Execution of an early works package including demolition and site remediation
- Design development to 80% design for competitive tendering
- Head contractor appointment
Understanding the likelihood of ground contamination and the need to minimise time overruns in completing remediation we achieved consent to incorporate the remediation works with demolition in a combined early works package while the DA is under assessment saving at least 2 months’ time.
Having an existing approved set of building envelopes to design within and an increasingly competitive apartment sales market, achieving a cost effective building structure was critical to maximising development profit. Close analysis of the structure resulted in a saving of $5M.
An understanding of the site water table saw us investigate options for a reduction in the number of required parking spaces. Working with council, we were able to identify concessions the complete removal of an entire carpark level saving $2.5M