As the new General Manager of Gallagher Jeffs Capital Works division, Paul is passionate about continuing to grow this important arm of the business as well as enriching the company’s ties to government agencies and large institutional clients.
Positive, engaging, and a self-confessed solution seeker, one of Paul’s greatest skills rests in his desire to innovate and problem solve. He is also well versed in the management and oversite of a broad portfolio of assets, preparing and implementing strategic asset renewal and upgrade plans, across multiple sectors andin consideration of projects of varying value. This dovetails with his ability to capture, monitor and manage multiple projects at varying instances of stature – a standout strength that his new Gallagher Jeffs team will certainly benefit from.
With nearly 20 years experience in capital works project management ranging; front-end site investigation, acquisition and business planning advisory support, design, procurement and delivery phase superintendent engagement – not to mention almost 13 years working with industry giant, Lendlease, in their retirement sector – Paul is proud to have played a part in projects that possess a strong social purpose. Career highlight projects / engagements include:
- $50m Regional Alcohol & Other Drug Rehabilitation Program (AOD), delivered on behalf of the Victorian Health Building Authority, adding a total of 80 additional beds into the Victorian Mental Health System.
- Advancement of Victorian Health Building Authority Capital Works Projects;
- $32.5m Mental Health Hub Program
- $9m Child & Family Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drug Rehabilitation Facility.
- Program Advisory and Project Management services in association with the $20m Short Term Modular Housing Program – this was a Bushfire Victoria initiative, funded in response of the devastating 2019/20 fires, producing 75 homes to families and communities in remote Victorian locations.
- Multiple Victorian School Building Authority Redevelopment Capital Works sites.
Someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, Paul will use his strong skills in stakeholder engagement and management, employee development, procurement management and delivery of cost-effective business strategy while leading the Capital Works team. Firming the relationship with Cladding Safe Victoria, exploring commercial opportunities and potential synergies with private enterprise will all be priorities, whilst also enhancing and further supporting the creation of an inclusive, welcoming workplace environment, nurtured and enjoyed by the team at Gallagher Jeffs.
“Paul Thompson brings a wealth of experience to Gallagher Jeffs,” Tim states. “His addition as the General Manager, Capital Works will further bolster our ability to provide clients with exceptional results and while also further expanding into the commercial sector.” - Tim d'Antoine, Director
To contact Paul directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0477 323 944 today.