Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd appointed Gallagher Jeffs in January 2014 to provide Project Management support for their 25,000sqm integrated HQ fitout at Anthony John Group’s second Emporium development project, Southpoint, South Brisbane.Flight Centre’s new HQ will occupy all 15 Commercial levels and will house over 1600 staff.
From initial cost plan development in Stage 1, through to the Integrated Fitout and completion of Stage 4, the integrated fitout comprised of some very unique features:
- Custom built meeting rooms which replicated London buses, planes and iconic global building
- Over a lineal kilometre of Curated Museum showing Flight Centre’s journey from humble beginnings to worldwide travel leader throughout the entire fitout
- Private Gym, Massage & Spray Tanning facilities for exclusive use by staff
- Private commercial kitchen and bar complete with eating area & dance floor
- Each level was uniquely themed including the Flight Deck, Cruises, Domestic & Business Travel, Hotels, Youth, World of Sports & The Golden Era of Travel
- Open Atriums with intertenancy stairs & internal slippery slides for staff use
Scope of Services
Gallagher Jeffs was engaged to provide Project Management and Technical Advice throughout the design and delivery, including:
- Overseeing the Design Documentation Submissions; managing cost plans, design consultants and coordination of the design development and documentation of the project program.
- Review of Developer / Head Contractor variations and provide recommendations on behalf of the Client.
- Review of Fitout Contractor submissions and provision of technical advice on required aspects of construction works
- Reviewed the developer submissions of Integrated Fitout Plans through the documentation phase through to submission.
- Represented the client on all stakeholder and project meetings
- Progressively audited construction for compliance and assessed the project program to achieve timely building occupation
ARCHITECTS: PDT ARCHITECTS