The Rialto Hotel in Melbourne's CBD consists of 2 heritage listed buildings, linked with a glass atrium. Gallagher Jeffs was appointed to manage the refurbishment of this 200 room, 5 star hotel includin a complete upgrade of all the rooms, corridors, foyer and retail tenancies.
Scope of services
Project management & superintendent
Gallagher Jeffs scope of works oversight of the contract signed between Eureka Funds Management (the owner) and Equiset (contractor). This involved at a high level:
- Assisting with Contract negotiations between Eureka Funds Management and Equiset
- Assisting Equiset to foresee potential problems and take early corrective action
- Administering EOT Claims, assist overcoming delays by re-sequencing works
- Ensuring that the works reflect the intent and the detail of the contract documentation, especially in terms of design drawings, specifications and the prototype rooms
- Ensuring that a quality regime is established at an early date and that quality standards are set as soon as the first of the finishes are completed
- Deal with variation claims preferably by the identification of equivalent savings
- Keeping Eureka Funds Management and the Hotel operator the Intercontinental informed on both an informal basis and by concise written monthly reports, typically covering, costs, program, key issues and quality.
- Overseeing the procurement of FF&E to ensure time tables and quality assurance is met.
- Tenancy coordination of 8 retail tenancies, a café, cooking school complex and restaurant.